lunes, 14 de mayo de 2018

Painting DeathWatch Army: Week 7; #Warmaster's Crusade

As you already know, presented their challenge "Warmaster's Crusade"Basically, a couple of painters have a limited time to complete a 1000 points Warhammer 40.000 army.

As you know I'm participating aside them until checkpoint 3 in June where Warmasters must have completed 500 points army. My objective is to paint 710 points at that point.

Also, I'll keep you updated on the work I do every week I work in this Army. Past Monday 7th I posted the work done in week #6 so I reach this point:

This week was a bit chaotic, I was painting small different details on each miniature, so I was switching very fast from one thing to another so I didn't take any SBS pics.

Anyway, do you want to see some advances?

I painted the yellow shoulder pad using an ochre base, painting lights adding first a pure powerful yellow, later ice yellow and white. I painted shadows first using some kind of purple (the complementary color) and later a bit of brown and later I recovered intensity with a few yellow inks mixed with matt yellow (I don't want a too satin effect).

I painted the Ultramarine's shoulder pads with a base of enchanted blue, adding turquoise, space wolves grey, and white, and painting shadows with dark blue sea. I later clean and recover blue in the same way as with the yellow shoulder pad, using mostly enchanted blue glazes with a bit of turquoise and blue ink.

I finished details on the flamethrower painting a glass bottle filled with a flammable red combustible. Also, I did with the bottles in the back. I painted in some grey purple color the scale details and with greens some other small details. Finally, I painted the fire and added a very soft OSL effect.

I painted too with grey purples the heads of the tyranids in the bases and belts of a couple of marines. It was not so complex, I used wet blending as they are not very important elements. Later I softened and clean a bit with intermediate colors glazes.

Also, I painted the green grenades on all marines at the same time I was painted the dar angels shoulder pad. I started with a goblin green to paint lightings using camo green, scorpion green, yellow and ivory. I used brows to paint shadows and later I darkened and softened middle tone with dark angels green.

And I started to paint other details as freehanded trims and so on.

This week I don't have a group picture. We are very close to the deadline. I estimate I need one day every 2 faces, so I'll spend the whole week painting mostly that. A couple of details left on one or 2 miniatures and I need to correct mistakes. This is the plan for week 8.

Half of week 9 will be to build and paint bases, so about 8 working days left to have them completed, and Before 3rd checkpoint on 3rd June!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.