lunes, 30 de abril de 2018

Painting DeathWatch Army: Week 5; #Warmaster's Crusade

As you already know, presented their challenge "Warmaster's Crusade"Basically, a couple of painters have a limited time to complete a 1000 points Warhammer 40.000 army.

As you know I'm participating aside them until checkpoint 3 in June where Warmasters must have completed 500 points army. My objective is to paint 710 points at that point.

Also, I'll keep you updated on the work I do every week I work on this Army. Past Monday 23rd I posted the work done in week #4 so I reach this point:

This week I focused on painting the Gold trims. Let's see what I did:

It's quite hard to take WIP pics of true metallic metal work. I tried to do my best and take as much as possible, but as past week, I had to discard so many of them as you can't see any difference.

For your interest, I follow my own step by step on painting Grey Knights more or less.

The first step was to add an ochre basecoat to every gold part as gold paints used to cover not so good. A close color under them helps incredibly.

As I'm planning to paint shadows with airbrush and also I wanted to paint the weapons with airbrush too, and some gold things are over the weapons, I decided to finish them previously, so I applied a grey light using an airbrush to all weapons, and later using back and another kind of grey I outlined them. As this time I used grey tones instead blueish,  we achieved a different black tone to gain chromatic richness. In our context, even without any trace of red, they seem to be a bit purplish.

I applied then a gold basecoat mixing army painter Greedy gold and bronze. I started to paint lights adding slowly Citadel's Auric Armour Gold and later silver.

That needed a couple of steps to reach the light I was looking for. After that, I used an airbrush to paint shadows, first with a coat of scorched brown and black, and later, a very thin and focused pure black coat.
This first shadow is quite difficult as airbrushed coats tend to slice over metallic paints at first. You need to go slowly and almost seeing nothing at first because if you try to go faster you'll get spider legs very easily.

I painted then the black outlines and later mixing ice yellow and a bit (just a bit) of Dark blue sea, I painted the light outlines.

I finished the gold trims adding some glazes of inks using red, yellow and blue inks, looking for a reddish tone in the middle and a bit purple at the end of the shadow.

And finally, I applied a brown basecoat to those elements that are going to be painted in brows or reds.

As always, you can see better the work done on another marine:

And this is the group picture:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.